I loved getting to talk with Postcard Academy’s podcast host Sarah – she is a funny, smart, thoughtful badass!
My Weird Self
- Ticket2Blog – the no-bullsh*t podcast about content creation. And life.
^ which is co-hosted by the woman in this hilarious and informative video.
- Wanderlife – the platform to help people live their dream life-on-wheels.
- “My readers” – email subscribers who get to know some secret stuff about my life.
- The packing list that’s been #1 for five years.
House Sitting Info
- How to Become a House Sitter
- The hidden costs of house sitting
- The House Sitting Academy – for people who want guidance or are definitely becoming full time sitters.
- The step-by-step starter kit for new house sitters.
- Basic Steps to Get Started:
- what is your why?
- what do you want in a sit?
- which site should you join?
House Sitting Websites
- The Best (and Worst!) House Sitting Websites
- House Carers – one of my favorite sites
- Nomador – an awesome company growing internationally
- House Sitting Academy’s Private Referral Network
Overrated House Sitting Websites
- Trusted House Sitters – if they have a sit I want, I pay the fee. But it’s the last place I look.
- Housesitter.com – sitters are getting spammed!
House Sitters & Their Personal Websites
- Eden of ReallyTrulyLiving.com who notes that part of being a good sitter is being an animal lover
- Ian and Nicky of Above Us Only Skies who were taking care of a home when a hurricane hit!
My Home-owner’s Departure Checklist
- Day to day operations
- Home security
- Tour (kitchen/living room/closets)
- I don’t like to dig
- Quirks – appliances, leaks
- Cleaning supplies
- WIFI LIMIT?!
- How to deal with emergencies
- Past lost pet experience
- Utilities shut off/fire ext.
- 000 111 911?
- Info about their trip
- Emergency contacts
- Authorized contractors
- Day to day operations
Other Free or Cheap Accommodation
- Work Exchange – my favorite way to travel and live!
- Workaway – my favorite work exchange site.
- HippoHelp – the only free work exchange site I know about.
- Sleep for Free – Worldwide!
- AirBnb – often much cheaper than hotels and a much richer experience.
- My infamous packing list
- My thoughts on travel insurance – do you need it?
- Insure My Trip – the travel insurance company I use for short trips.
- World Nomads – the travel insurance company I use for longer trips or when I need really quality insurance for things like mountaineering.